Sealcoating is a routine asphalt maintenance service that protects your pavement from damage, boosts its longevity and improves its appearance. However, despite the many benefits of asphalt sealcoating in Philadelphia, PA, many commercial property owners don’t keep up with routine sealcoating or asphalt maintenance. Understanding more about some of the most significant advantages of investing in regular sealcoating can help you make sure you’re getting the most out of your asphalt pavement.
Facts about sealcoating
Here are seven facts about sealcoating in Philadelphia, PA that you might not be aware of, including some of its key benefits:
- There are two different sealcoating methods: Sealcoating can be applied using a spray or squeegee method. Regardless of how sealcoating is applied, it’s important to work with a professional who has plenty of experience with sealcoating services for your type of property.
- Cleaning is essential before sealcoating: To ensure sealcoating is effective, it’s important to clean the pavement and clear away debris. Dirt, oils, residue and other debris can interfere with the sealcoating process and take away from the benefits of sealcoating services.
- Sealcoating reduces fading: Over time, it’s natural for asphalt to fade and lose some of its color. Sealcoating restores the appearance of your pavement and enhances the color to make it look like new.
- Sealcoating boosts pavement longevity: Sealcoating is a preventative maintenance service that improves the longevity of your pavement. Sealcoating service creates a durable barrier that protects your asphalt from exposure to the elements and can keep your pavement stronger for longer. Routine sealcoating can boost pavement lifespan by several years.
- Sealcoating is a cost-effective service: Over the lifespan of your pavement, sealcoating pays for itself. Because sealcoating protects your pavement from damage, reduces wear and tear and boosts longevity, you will spend less money over time on pavement repair and replacement services.
- Proper conditions are necessary for sealcoating: Certain weather conditions are required for the best sealcoating application. It’s usually necessary for the air temperature to be above 55°F during the application and for at least eight hours after sealcoating is applied. Asphalt technicians who specialize in sealcoating in Philadelphia, PA will plan your project according to the weather forecast to make sure your sealcoating layer has plenty of time to dry and cure in favorable conditions.
- Sealcoating helps with ice melt: During the winter months, snow and ice can create hazardous conditions on your pavement. Sealcoating services can accelerate snow and ice melt during the winter to improve the safety of your pavement and maximize traction on your asphalt.
Sealcoating in Philadelphia, PA
To find out more about sealcoating in Philadelphia, PA, reach out to Philly Concrete & Asphalt Paving, Inc. We are a locally owned and operated company with over 20 years of experience providing sealcoating and paving services. If you’re in need of sealcoating, our team will provide you with a consultation and quote for the job. Get started with our services by giving us a call today. We look forward to working with you soon!