Are you getting ready to install or replace your patio or deck? If so, consider a concrete patio. Unlike wood decks, which can warp and rot, concrete is versatile and requires much less maintenance. Skip resealing your wooden deck every year and try concrete or concrete pavers. Here are the major benefits of a concrete patio in Philadelphia, PA:
- Versatile aesthetic options: Your concrete patio isn’t limited to flat, boring shades of gray. Concrete can be tinted, stained or painted in a variety of colors. You can also stamp it or brush it to give it interesting texture and style. It can be formed into curved or geometric shapes, allowing you to make a statement piece or have it blend in with your interior design for a seamless indoor/outdoor transition. Concrete’s versatility makes it a smart choice for any outdoor area.
- Durable: Concrete patios are far more durable than wood decks, which require sealing and maintenance to keep them from falling apart. Concrete contractors design and install patios and pavers so they can stand up to a variety of weather conditions, from hot sun to snow and rain. This can include fibers to reinforce its strength, making it capable of bearing weight of up to 4,000 pounds per square inch. In fact, stamped concrete is some of the most durable masonry available.
- Low maintenance: Concrete is also a low maintenance option, since it’s one solid piece. Solid, stamped concrete can be made to look like brick, stone or other pavers, but there are no cracks for weeds to form. It also won’t settle and shift like individual masonry pavers. You’ll have a beautiful patio that should last for decades.
- Great value: Because concrete is so aesthetically versatile, you can get the look of brick and stone for a fraction of what you’d pay for those materials. Combined with lower maintenance time and cost, concrete patios are a cost-effective investment. Plus, your concrete patio will improve your home value when it comes time to resell.
- Environmentally friendly: Finally, concrete patios are kinder to the environment than wooden decks. Wood sealants often contain solvents, which are less than green. Be kind to the earth, your budget and your maintenance schedule, and pick concrete.
The versatility, durability and value of a concrete patio in Philadelphia, PA can’t be overstated. If you want to create a completely unique look at a fraction of the cost and maintenance investment you’d get with wood, brick and stone, concrete is the way to go. Be sure to browse concrete patio ideas so you can get a sense of what’s possible when you choose concrete. Of course, if you want a simple rectangular patio, that’s available, too. Some homeowners prefer simple patios so the focus is on their garden, patio cover or other focal point.
Whatever type of concrete patio you choose, Philly Concrete & Asphalt Paving, Inc. is available to make it a reality. Reach out to us today to learn more about our services and pricing.